Yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual practice that has been around for thousands of years. It’s effective in reducing stress, improving sleep quality, and increasing overall wellness.
Yoga is a practice that has been around for thousands of years. It can change your life in many ways.
Maybe you started doing yoga because it was good for your body or because all the cool kids were doing it. Plus, you already have beautiful yoga pants with all sorts of patterns. I hope you’ve discovered that going on the mat is a moving experience for many reasons.
If you haven’t already, check out this list of 108 ways yoga can change your life.
1. It takes you out of your comfort zone. Even the simplest asanas can be difficult for a beginner to perform on a mat. There’s nothing like balancing in a tree pose or spinning around in a triangle in full view of a group of strangers – it’s like sliding down an icy platform in public. But, hey, it’s cool.
2. It’s breathtaking. You never thought you would think like a yogi and then you become one.
3. You will fall in love with your body, or at least develop a healthy respect for it. One day you curse your overly fat thighs, the next day you rejoice in every limb and the way your body supports you while working out.
4. They become fearless. As you move from basic asanas to more complex hand balances, etc., you lose the fear of falling, and this spills over into other areas of your life.
5. You gain confidence in yourself. Mastering the asanas you thought you couldn’t do makes you not only a winner, but a yoga god/goddess!
6. You will learn to calm your mind. Even the most chaotic minds can find their yogic peace when they enter the studio or lie down on their mat.
7. You learn the lingo. Before yoga, you didn’t know the difference between an ass and an asana. But once you get going, you not only learn a whole new language, but also a new way of life. But this last part will be covered elsewhere in this list.
8. You’re becoming a corpse. By this I mean learning to stand still in savasana, which consists of shutting oneself off from the world.
9. You will learn to listen to your body, notice every feeling and respect the journey it offers you.
10. You connect with your breathing. We don’t often think about the breath and how it controls the body, until yoga awakens our awareness.
11. Keep your breathing under control. Once you’ve started step 10, you can move on to mastering breathing and cleansing your body through conscious breathing, removing toxins and cleansing the body and mind.
12. They’re standing. With your new found confidence, the asanas lengthen the spine and improve posture.
13. You lose your hamster wheel and start living at your own pace.
14. You stop comparing yourself… because you realize that you are unique.
15. Their weaknesses become idiosyncrasies. Yes, you know you’re not perfect, but yoga is not perfection.
16. You feel good about yourself… because the warrior attitude becomes a way of life.
17. They see things. You sip your tea and notice the subtleties of everything. As you develop the ability to tune in, you get used to really seeing things.
18. You’re becoming an adventurer. Your new vision makes you a curious traveler in your world.
19. You lose control – of your body. That means you’ll be doing yoga everywhere: Squats in the supermarket, lunges in the hallway. It’s so good to bend over and pose, we do it everywhere!
20. You impress your boss (but not by coming to the office in yoga pants). By focusing on yoga, you will be able to work faster and finish your workday without rushing.
21. Your sex life is on fire. You will become physically stronger, fitter, tighter and in touch with your body.
22. You’re discovering your pelvic floor. And you’ll learn to target and fix these muscles, which is an essential part of orgasm and leads to better sex.
23. They spend more time in the bedroom. See above.
24. Your closets will be cleaner. Because you respect your body, you eat more consciously and leave out chips, fruit hoops and cheese patties.
26. You change your email signature from Sincerely to Namaste.
27. They give up the desire to change things.
28. They respect the differences between people.
29. You even worship and study other religions and ideas that are foreign to you.
30. They collect yoga paraphernalia.
31. You love the movie MacGregor.
32. You start obsessively looking at your shape in body mirrors.
33. You will be known for your form of yoga.
34. They become more merciful. Because jewels don’t matter much anymore.
35. Stop following the Kardashians. Because who really cares?
36. They discover a new kind of book. They begin by reading Light on Yoga and yoga-inspired materials.
37. They’re getting holier. Like piercings.
38. The lotus will become your new favorite flower.
39. You become a yoga studio spy looking for new places to take classes.
40. You start googling yoga terms like chakra and drishti.
41. They begin to speak in Sankrit, as in Ashtanga and Kundalini.
42. Your taste in music changes. Add Yoga/Pilates to your playlist.
43. The word guru no longer sounds strange to you.
44. You need more breaks from work. Sitting too long causes compression of the spine.
45. You spend less time sleeping and more time exploring your world.
46. They develop daily rituals inspired by Ayurveda.
47. You start using the hashtag #yogalover after all your tweets.
48. They sign up for yoga videos and stand on their hands in the hallway.
50. Stop ridiculing vegans.
51. You will become a vegan… or at least make friends with people who don’t eat meat.
52. You no longer wear socks at home and jump on the carpet whenever you feel like it.
53. You jump on the carpet when you feel like it. You do yoga at regular intervals throughout the day.
54. You’ll sleep more soundly.
55. You will learn to meditate. Without getting up 16 times to do small tasks like empty the dryer or check the phone.
56. They start collecting Zen quotes.
57. They start reciting Rumi in random conversations.
58. You stop gossiping with your old team.
59. You’ll have a tribe of new friends who are just as fit and fun as you are.
60. They begin to make plans for a trip to India.
61. You rewrite your wish list. New languages, destinations and exciting adventures are added.
62. You invest in a meditation cushion.
63. Treat yourself to a yoga membership at your favorite studio.
64. They’re cutting cable and forgetting about The Walking Dead.
65. You will get green fingers when you start gardening.
66. They’re trading Diet Coke for kombucha.
67. You no longer use sign language during rush hour (wrong finger).
68. You start walking more and breathing in nature because it’s so inspiring.
69. You make bad hair color decisions because fuchsia looks good on your yogi girlfriend.
70. You no longer sweat all over your wardrobe because you live in yoga pants.
71. You’ll find parks in your neighborhood that you didn’t even know existed.
72. You begin to learn about yoga retreats.
73. They see trees and start posing, cliffs and start climbing.
75. Stop going to fast food restaurants.
76. They are starting to cook more and eat whole foods.
77. You become a representative of yoga. Try turning your couch potato friends into yogis and yogi’s.
78. You begin to be present in every moment.
79. You understand how your ego makes you suffer.
80. Your memory’s getting better.
81. Your skin becomes more elastic because blood circulation is stimulated.
82. You no longer need expensive foot creams and ointments to remove the plaque on your heels. See above.
83. Their spatial relationship is improving.
84. You don’t need walls to support you anymore. Instead, assume a tree pose.
85. You become less clumsy as your balance increases.
86. You’ll have fewer bruises. See above.
87. They are open to Ayurveda. And that is why you will no longer take over-the-counter medications for headaches, colds and minor aches.
88. They start buying organic products at markets and visit food stalls.
89. You have fewer navigation problems because you have become more attentive.
90. You’ll spend less time aimlessly searching for your car in parking lots. See above.
91. You suddenly find yourself floating out of the water, as its buoyancy makes it the perfect place to practice challenging yoga poses.
92. You become more sociable because your interest in people increases.
93. You will become more intelligent because of your increased curiosity.
94. They’re starting to wear fewer clothes. Because body shaming sucks.
95. You will notice that your body gets longer, your muscles become more flexible and leaner.
96. You become a boring poster on social media. Someone who fills all your feeds with yoga quotes, videos and tips for your friends.
97. You will discover the benefits of hot water with lemon and become healthier.
98. They don’t use the regular furniture anymore and spend more time on the floor.
99. The lotus position becomes possible. And totally comfortable.
100. Your friends call you pretzel and other fun names.
101. Your compassion grows and your family expands with all the homeless animals you meet.
102. Your friends call you a cat lover/cat person. See above.
104. You stop worrying about the future and start living in the moment.
105. They start saying no more often to love themselves.
106. You take time for yourself because you understand the value of introspection.
107. You stop feeling guilty when you disappoint others and realize that you are only responsible for the energy you bring.
108. You become the best version of yourself. When you practice yoga the right way, it not only opens your hips, but also opens your heart and your entire world to incredible possibilities.
Are you ready to experience yoga and reap its incredible benefits? Or maybe you’ve already discovered them yourself. How has yoga changed your life? Share it with us below!
Yoga is life, and it can change your life in many ways. At the end of the article, there are 108 ways that yoga can change your life. Reference: yoga is life.
Frequently Asked Questions
How yoga can change your life?
Yoga is a physical and mental practice that has been practiced for thousands of years. It can help with stress, anxiety, depression, sleep problems, back pain, and more.
What does yoga bring to your life?
Yoga is a physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual practice that has been practiced for thousands of years. It can help with stress relief, cardiovascular health, flexibility, and muscle tone.
Can you change your body with just yoga?
- how has yoga influenced your life
- how yoga changed my life essay
- how yoga changed my body before and after
- life-changing benefits of yoga
- yoga for a better life